With respect to architectural wonders in the city, one can begun his journey in the city from the Marienplatz, that is a massive open square in the city named after the Mariensaule, that is a large open square as named after the name of the Mariensaule, that is a Marian column at its center along with the Old and the New Town Hall. Its tower involves the Rathaus-Glockenspiel, that is an ornate clock that has a about a life sized moving figures which show scenes even from a medieval jousting tournament as well as a performance by the famous “Schäfflertanz”. The old gothic arsenal building near to Marienplatz houses the Munich Stadtmuseum. The architecture of the gothic Munich had the influence of the citizenry and was not much different from other dual cities like as Landshut, Ingolstadt and Straubing. When Bavaria was reunited in 1506 Munich became capital of the whole of Bavaria. Also the arts then became increasingly influenced by the court and Munich began to outperform the other cities of the duchy.
Another important section under the architectural buildings in the city is ranges of the houses of worship. They contain many a good number of structures and buildings there. The Peterskirche close to Marienplatz is the oldest church of the inner city. For the first time it was constructed during the Romanesque period, and was the central point of the early monastic settlements in Munich as before the city’s official foundation as in 1158. The oldest church as within the city borders is Heilig Kreuz in the suburb of Fröttmaning next to the Allianzarena, better knows at the Romanesque fresco. The interior sections of the gothic St. Mary’s Church is in the district Ramersdorf-Perlach of Munich that again redesigned as in the baroque style. Close to it is located the Gothic hall-church Heiliggeistkirche which was further converted into the baroque style since from 1724 onwards and is has an inclined look downwards towards the Viktualienmarkt, that is the most popular market of Munich.
The Frauenkirche, is another very famous building there at the city center that serves as the cathedral for the cathedral for the Archdiocese of Munich and Freising. The Frauenkirche was made from the red brick as in the late Gothic style as around 20 years from 1468. The late gothic churches of the churchyards of St. Peter and of the Frauenkirche close to the Sendlinger Tor and St. Salvator still exist at by the cathedral. The former gothic Augustinerkirche next to the Frauenkirche presently houses the German Hunting and Fishing Museum as well. The nearby Michaelskirche is the largest renaissance church as situated as on the north of the Alps. The church was constructed by William V, Duke of Bavaria as between 1583 and 1597.